"HAUNTED TALES"

I have always loved horror movies, haunted houses, and a good ghost story and yes, Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

I thought "how cool would it be if I could invite people everywhere to share their stories, urban legends, and personal experiences with me."

So, "Haunted Tales" was created and I hope you will enjoy and contribute to it!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Andrew Jackson Hotel

"Good Evening"


Welcome to Haunted Tales.  


I have always loved a good ghost story and thought it would be fun if there was a forum for people to tell me theirs.  So, I invite you to leave a comment and tell me your story.


To get things started: I would love to be able to tell you my own paranormal experience but, I have never had one.  So, I will have to be content with telling you about a story that I heard from someone else.


About four years ago my wife and I were visiting family in New Orleans.  Despite my having grown up there, I'd never been on any of the ghost tours.  We decided it would be fun and took a Haunted History Tour of the French Quarter.  The best story (in my opinion) of the whole tour involved the Andrew Jackson Hotel on Royal St.  They said a couple of tourists that were staying there toured the French Quarter one night, taking a whole lot of pictures (this was back in the day when you used film in your camera.) When they returned to the hotel the wife noticed she had three pictures remaining on the roll of film in the camera.  They had stayed out later than expected and as they had signed up for one of the swamp tours the following day they went straight to bed.  the next morning, they got up, put a fresh roll of film in the camera and went on their tour.  


When they had their film developed after arriving home from the trip, they discovered three pictures of them sleeping in their hotel bed!!


Now that's a cool ghost story!


Thanks 

No comments:

Post a Comment